lunes, 19 de agosto de 2013

You Are Not A Good Person

Do not believe you are a good person. Your attitude and love for God depends on how much forgiveness you think you have received. If you think you are a good person and you have not done anything really bad that requires God's forgiveness, then you are a person with a self-reliant attitude toward God and you say you love God but your actions will not be typical of a great love for God. But if you know you're not a good person and you need God's forgiveness for your bad deeds, then you will be humble in recognizing your spiritual poverty, you will repent, you will have a deep appreciation for the forgiveness received, you will feel a great love for God and will act according to that great love. In the passage we read in Luke 7:36-50, Jesus says to Simon the Pharisee: Look at this woman kneeling here. When I entered your home, you didn’t offer me water to wash the dust from my feet, but she has washed them with her tears and wiped them with her hair.  You didn’t greet me with a kiss, but from the time I first came in, she has not stopped kissing my feet.  You neglected the courtesy of olive oil to anoint my head, but she has anointed my feet with rare perfume. I tell you, her sins, and they are many, have been forgiven, so she has shown me much love. But a person who is forgiven little shows only little love. What do you think about yourself? Are you a good or bad person? Jesus said that only God is truly good. Examine yourself very well and ask God to forgive you.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario