sábado, 26 de abril de 2014

What´s Depression


True clinical depression is a mood disorder in which feelings of sadness, loss, anger, or frustration interfere with everyday life for weeks or longer.

Most people have felt sad or depressed at times. Feeling depressed can be a normal reaction to loss, life's struggles, or an injured self-esteem. But when feelings of intense sadness, including feeling helpless, hopeless, and worthless, last for many days to weeks and keep you from functioning normally, your depression may be something more than sadness. It may very well be clinical depression, a treatable medical condition.

2012 Depression Statistics For The US.


As if depression weren’t bad enough, statistics show that diagnoses are growing at an alarming rate. In addition, states with higher rates of depression also show high rates of other negative health outcomes, such as obesity, heart disease, and stroke. Individuals suffering from depression are more likely to be unemployed or recently divorced than their non-depressed counterparts, and women experience greater risk of depression than men. Despite all of these statistics on depression, this infographic shows that many people suffer symptoms of depression without seeking care, and that undiagnosed depression costs the U.S. millions of dollars each year. Now a global health issue, depression awareness, diagnosis, and treatment are matters of crucial significance in building a healthier, happier world.

Depression is a condition that reportedly affects one in ten Americans at one point or another, and the incidence of depression is higher in some states than others. Certain ethnicities also report higher depression rates than non-Hispanic whites. Depression varies in severity and by demographic indicators, and it is rapidly becoming a significant health concern worldwide.

Over 80% of the people that have symptoms of clinical depression are not receiving any specific treatment for their depression.

The number of patients diagnosed with depression increases by 20% per year.

Depression is most prevalent in people ages 45-64. It rises from 2.8% for those 18-24 to a peak 4.6% for those 45-64 years.

Overall, women are twice as likely to have depression and symptoms of depression as men of the same age.

Worldwide, an estimated 121 million people around the world currently suffer from some form of depression.

The Solution

60-80% of all depression cases can be effectively treated with brief, structured forms of psychotherapy and antidepressant medications.

Definitely, depression is an illness and needs medical attention. However, as any other illness, it can be healed by God. This is not to say: seek God rather than medicine. Rather, it means: Seek God first and seek medical help too. Definitely, God works miracles through Doctors.

When Jesus walked on earth, one of the things He did most, was to heal people from their illnesses and pain. You can trust Him to do the same today. Jesus is the same yesterday, today and always. He never changes. We do. But if you go back to Him, you will find the same Jesus that can do the same miracles He did, 2,000 years ago.

Discover what God says about depression and how to fight it. Find Scripture that will encourage you to find peace and joy in the midst of depressing circumstances and feelings. Overcome depression with the help of Jesus and His Holy Spirit!

Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord will personally go ahead of you. He will be with you; he will neither fail you nor abandon you. Deuteronomy 31:8

But you, O Lord, are a shield around me; you are my glory, the one who holds my head high. Psalm 3:3

The Lord hears his people when they call to him for help. He rescues them from all their troubles. Psalm 34:17

The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand. Psalm 37:23-24

I waited patiently for the Lord to help me, and he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out of the mud and the mire. He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along. He has given me a new song to sing, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see what he has done and be amazed. They will put their trust in the Lord. Psalm 40:1-3

Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again, my Savior and my God! Psalm 42:11

Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand. Isaiah 41:10

I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world. John 16:33

And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow, not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. No power in the sky above or in the earth below, indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and at the right time he will lift you up in honor. Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you. 1 Peter 5:6-7

http://followingjesusinc.imolko.com

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario